How to create content layouts in Drupal 8
Creating layouts in Drupal is easy right? As site builders we can pick from variety of tools to do the job - Panels, Panelizer, Display suite, Ckeditor styles & templates or Paragraphs to name a few.
Join Inky & dasjo for a run-down of the considerations we have taken in 3 years of experience building real-world projects based on Drupal 8. We’ll do a comparison of the existing tools to implement content layouts in Drupal 8, explain what has changed from Drupal 7 and for which task you wanna choose which of the tools.
This session is for you, if you want to
- Take informed decisions when creating content layouts in Drupal 8
- Find out if your best-practice from Drupal 7 still applies to Drupal 8
- Know when to use which tools when creating content layouts
- Compare Panels, Panelizer, Display suite, Ckeditor styles & templates + Paragraphs
- Take a look behind the scenes of real-world Drupal 8 content layout implementations
- Understand implications like multilingual, workflows & the level of freedom you want to allow your content editors to have
This session will be suitable for anyone interested in the architectural decisions behind setting up content layout workflows for Drupal 8. While site builders are the main audience, we are happy to invite coders better understand the content workflows, front-enders to get an understanding of what kind of content-structure they can ask for and content editors/clients get a feeling of which tools they might wanna use once their site has been built.